Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Happy New Year. You excited?

Happy New Year all.
And so we begin another one just pregnant with possibilities, wonder and surprise. Ahhhhh.

How was your new years? Any resolutions? ...Not me, I don't believe in them.
I had a good one. Actually, I take that back I had a great one. Moms offered to watch the baby so I could go to this party but I went ahead and stayed home. I figured, "Why can't I make it count right here? With me, myself and I?" And I did. I didn't feel like hustling to figure out wardrobe and hair and blah blah blah...and I knew parking would suck because of the snow...all that just killed it.

So I......

Cleaned my house physically and spiritually. You know, burned a little sage then sweetened it up with some incense.
-Bathed Sunshine, then bathed myself AND exfoliated! (that's a big deal) and put the baby to bed without a hitch.
-Proceeded to prepare myself a fabulous dinner with sips of some comforting German wine in between my preparation ritual, all the while soaking up the sounds of Ella (Fitzgerald), Sarah (Vaughn), Billie (Holiday), Lena (Horne) and Carmen (McCrae). Smoked a little bit, cooked and continued to listen and with new ears no less. The music felt sweeter and more real than ever for some reason (...and nooo, it's not because I sista was "feelin good" okay?).
-By the time I finished cooking it was perfect because it was about fifteen minutes until the ball would drop. So I rung that part in with Dick. ....Oh and Ryan Seacrest of course. And after that? I went to the Sade Concert! ...In my living room on video that is. I rented it that day and thought it would be a nice thing to watch that nite and it was! I truly felt like my evening was perfect.

Don't get me wrong, there have been quite a few but that definately qualifies as one of the best times I've had alone.

Happy New Year!

1 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

That sounds like an AWESOME new years! I need to have a just-for-me party.

God knows I need to exfoliate.

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home