Friday, September 29, 2006

Do I hafta' rely on them?

I'm taking a break from my job search grind. I just got exhausted. I'm trying to secure some part time work and it's driving me nuts. After staring at my inbox and all of the jobs I'd emailed to myself to follow up on, I just got overwhelmed. I hate relying on other people to give me a job. But...I just called this other program back that I'd gotten hired with a few months ago. I had to turn them down after a few days because my child care situation was all messed up. They told me if I resolved that to call them back and so I gave in...I did even though it was a hair less money than I wanted to work for, holding out is even more stressful right now. And I guess there are some positives:
1- it's only a couple of hours a day but will secure my rent at least
2- It leaves plenty of time to devote to my line
3-I won't be a slave to pumping
4-If I need to I can always find another part time gig to supplement if necessary
5-I'll have the same holiday schedule as Sunshine

...Okay, so maybe things are not so bad. Have I mentioned how much I despise writing cover letters???? Eeeew. Okay, I'm done really.

I'm sending out some packets to some other baby boutiques. Including girlshop.com. They have baby and women's and very cute stuff at that. I swear. ...Okay, first let me say, I know it probably seems like I'm complaining a lot lately but I'm not! Really! Kay? I'm just venting...there's a difference. So, like I was saying: I swear. Between the job grind, caring for the sunshine, maintaining my sanity, taking care of other grown up things like uh...I dunno BILLS and paperwork...is it me or do you aquire more paperwork the older you get? And making sure I don't slow down on my "marketing campaign" for the baby line and the production of product all while trying to keep worrying at bay...it's a little like riding a bike while juggling with a plate on your head.

Wow. Well, I don't think I have mush else to say and I'm a little anxious right now to hurry up continue by obligations. That will make me feel like I'm making progress too.

Thanks for listening...again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home