Wednesday, September 20, 2006

...Nice

Okay...first before I begin, can I point out that Julio Iglesias is singing, 'I Wanna Know What Love Is' on Dancing with the Stars??? ...Yeah. A little strange. ...Not horrible, just ...strange.

Lately, things are nice. Just nice. Granted they could always be better but for now, they're nice. Last week was the first time I hit one of the baby boutiques to see if they were interested in my line, and they were. The owner was so nice it was...nice! After she told me what she wanted to order, she loaded me up with all of this fabric she didn't need (nice stuff too), offered all kinds of ideas, mother stories....just nice. It was good. So yesterday I hit another baby boutique, and that was good too! She was interested more in consignment which was fine. Not my first choice but not bad either. She too was extremely nice. Maybe people in baby retail are sweeter than adult retail, I dunno. But we talked for a long time. ...Shared birth stories, --she also has a five month old. It made me feel good. After that I went and picked up the Sunshine and headed for home. And today? Well we stayed in but my greatest accomplishment of the day was cooking an entire meal! Ginger greens, yams, zucchini cornbread and beans and rice. AND Rasberry ice tea! When is the last time I did that? Geesh.

I also managed to research some other baby boutiques out of state and order shirts to begin my order for my first baby boutique. I've also taken on the task of trying to de-clutter my home. Pack away maternity wear, things like that. I'm not sure what else to say other than, it feels like some sense of balance is approaching and I'm thrilled about that. There is creativity, their is friendship, there is love, there is innocence and laughter, and there is always ice cream...what more do I need right now? Oh yeah, money.

...Eh. I'm gettin' to it, I'm gettin to it.

4 Comments:

Blogger lady butta.fly said...

i think it's that time of year where folks are clearing out the excess. i'm definitely in that mode. i'm feeling a balance of sorts too (also can agree with the money part). congrats on your business venture!

love.

12:23 PM  
Blogger So...Wise...Sista said...

The positivity is soooo infectious! Love it. :)

6:28 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

That meal sounds AMAZING!

2:57 PM  
Blogger SunshineMama said...

buttafly:
Thanks! I probably better tackle some internal clutter while I'm at it.
SoWise: Somebody better spread some more 'cause I think I'm runnin out already!

Teri:
Oooh. It was. I really wish I could cook like that everyday but it's so much harder now.

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home