Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Daaayum, Daaayum, Daaayum!



I can't believe it. Are they serious? Are you guys watching this?

(sigh) Today I watched more than ten minutes of Flavor of Love. ...I don't know what to say? I'm speechless, I'm disgusted, ARGH!!!!

First of all, why do the girls have to have those stupid nicknames, ..."Somethin", "Buckwild"? What's happening? I've tried, but I just don't see the humor in it.

I was disgusted when "Somethin" took a dump on the G'damn floor! What's happening???
I was disgusted from the beginning watching all of these girls play themselves for who?...uh, Flava Flav? I was done when he stood there barking orders while holding a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken in one hand and devouring a leg with the other!!!! That's it, I'm sorry, are we all looking at the same thing? And are times really that hard? This has to be about the publicity. It can't be about the man. Now I'm not saying that Flav doesn't have a big heart, but for cryin out loud could he have some decency? He is settin us back in a major way. Why don't we just call him Flava "Stepin Fetchit" Flav, don't sugar coat it! Let's just call a spade a spade! I can't even allow myself to think about these episodes long enough to provide you with a thorough recap of the buffoonery.

Hell, who am I? Maybe I shouldn't knock the hustle. Hustle on flav.
But I can't watch. ...you?

7 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

It is distasteful on so many levels! That whole genre (reality TV?) is so ridiculous. It's all about shock value.

12:45 PM  
Blogger SunshineMama said...

Teri: It is...and what's worse is that it seems as time goes on, it is dominating the airwaves. Soon it will be hard to find shows with a real story line.

3:56 PM  
Blogger lady butta.fly said...

i can't bring myself to watch this time around. yuck.

glad to see you bloggin again!!

5:28 PM  
Blogger SunshineMama said...

butta.fly:
Thanks ma...I was missin' the therapeutic benefits of blogging. It feels good to be back.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Rodney said...

I thought another season of American Idol was bad, but television and it's viewers have reached an all-time low. The fact that viewers allow this mess to stay on does not reflect well on the overall television audience.

I've accepted reality shows but, Flava of Love bears no resemblance to reality. It's just a sick vehicle for a talented performer to show the world how low he'll stoop to remain in the spotlight.

WELCOME BACK TO BLOGGERVILLE!

6:03 AM  
Blogger SunshineMama said...

ROdney:
Well said, and good point about Flava of Love...howeverrrr, are you sure women are not really this desperate right now? I hope you're right. I think those of us that are against the "reality BS" need to join forces fight the power!!! Can we get rid of it? It's probably too big now huh...?

4:57 AM  
Blogger So...Wise...Sista said...

The caveat with some reality shows (I'm not gonna front, I love a lot of them), is that the people they cast are certifiably crazy. You think NONE of those fool singing tone deaf on AI didn't come straight from Bellevue? Same with Flav. Exactly none of the chicks fighting for his attention are normal, which makes it fun to watch, sure...but ain't NO hustle worth the images and embarrassment this nigger is perpetuating all over again.

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home