Sunday, December 03, 2006

Okay.

This post was not supposed to be about this, but can I just say I am SO OVER celebrity obsessed news shows? UUh Hemmm: Extra, ET, Inside Edition. This is the second nite my TV has just been on and all that is on at this hour are those kinds of shows. Last nite on one of them they took you on a tour of Clay Aikens estate and he's never shown it to anyone! Can you believe it? Ooh, ooh - then after the tour, you got to call in and vote on your favorite room in Clay Aikens home! This is ridiculous. Are you serious? Right now Anna Nicole is crying about the death of her son with a dry face and managing to plug trim spas new chocolate products she's sampling right now and crediting them for helping her lose 60 whole pounds of her baby weight? Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

I sware, it's all so damn silly sometimes.

Anyway. Helooo blog fam. It is Saturday nite/sunday morning and I'm having some ME time. I've been out of commission for quite some time, so I'm playing catch up. I crashed earlier and woke up again. I decided to actually get up. As tired as I was, I missed my late nite me time. Since I started the job, I crash so early I don't get it much anymore. I know...it's 4am and i'm on the damn computer. And I'm starving and I want some eggs but I don't want to cook them because I cleaned up my kitchen today and I don't wanna dirty it up. I know I won't feel like washing my pan right away.
But I digress...

So, guess what! I turned in my notice for my job effective December 21st! When I put the letter in my supervisors box I felt like a huge burden had been lifted. I think that was confirmation that I made the right decision. Now my supervisor wants to talk about it Monday. ...Whatever. It still won't change my decision, but I did tell her we could talk. Hey, she asked, so what the hell. I'ma be like:

Well Alice. It wasn't enough that my first week here I sprained my foot while being playful with the children and while I was hobbling and could barely take care of my little baby your concern was whether or not I'd be able to work the next day.

Or maybe my first month in when little Mason was choking on that bagel, turning colors with tears streaming down his face while the only assistance my First Aid Certified Teachers Assistant could offer was to calmly say, "Mason are you choking? I think he's choking". Leaving me to call on every piece of literature I'd ever read on the Heimlich maneuver and remember it in that moment and pray it was effective because my TA was just gonna let him die!

Or maybe it was Post traumatic stress after saving little Mason that went so overlooked while I continued to wrestle with the idea that as grateful as I was that it worked and he was okay, man, it could have gone wrong and had a very different ending. Let alone wondering how skilled the people are that were watching Sunshine should an emergency situation happen while we're apart. That was a little too close to death for me!

Or that your training methods (or lack there of) suck. I'm sick and tired of you coming up with new things I'm supposed to do every five seconds after I asked you to be thorough in your expectations. I hate your evening meetings. I despise your attempt at praise after you pointed out everything that we should be doing but are not because you think that we are octopuses and that two people with twenty five kids should function the same at four people with thirty five kids. I was disgusted at watching you humiliate someone to the point of robbing them of their dignity so that they were the size of a pea. I wanna be able to utilize regular day care and be able to pick my child up by 6pm and the money here sucks for the level of responsibility you put on people. I hate your "Prop Box" and your snack calendar and the goo gobs of redundant paperwork that must be filled out for god knows what on any given day. Ya know what else Alice? I hate the fact that you can't spell for shit and your twice my age. And last but not least, I can't surive on your scraps of a check lady. That's right. I'm more broke with this job than i was with no job. How in the hell does that happen. The money seems to be even less than I anticipated! ...?... I gotta go make some decisions for me...for us and I'm not sure why I'm starving for YOU PEOPLE! On that note Alice, you guys take care. Thanks for the good times I'm gonna go take a deep breathe because I smell freedom! A whole new world opened up just after I put the letter in her box. Maan. I won't really be that mean to her. I was just venting. But I will be honest with ther though about the basics of course. I'll spare her all that detail.

But I'm soooooo excited to start my new job! It starts Thursday. I'll go there first and then to the school. Then after the 21st I'll only have to go there. The idea alone feels so good! After Tuesday Sunshine will not have to arise at the crack anymore. I'm sure she'll be thrilled and so will I!

Oh well. I had such an plan for this post and it took such a different direction. I'll regain my focus on the next post.

3 Comments:

Blogger stephenomenal said...

i feel you, imagine being on a steady diet of NPR for 3 months and then tuning in for the news and seeing that they are on day one of a multipart Anna Nicole Smith interview on Extra/ET/whathaveyou ...have our brains turned to mush?

6:09 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

all that celeb bs is seriously revolting.

congrats on your job change!!

6:27 AM  
Blogger SunshineMama said...

Stephenomenal: I'd say the answer to that question is YES! --Our brains have turned to mush!!!

T: Thanks for the congrats! I'm excited. You know, in a funny way, all that celeb bs makes me kinda sad. Programming is going down the toilet in every way. I've decided I'm going to feed Sunshine DVD's of electric company, school house rock and the like. You know, GOOD TV! Maybe she'll think it's the latest thing!

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home