Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Deliverance

Once again I'm awake at some ungodly hour. Well, actually it may be a very godly hour. It's about 4:30am and I hear 4a.m.ish is the best time for prayer and spiritual work etc.

So what's been goin on? Oh, not much. I'd really like to not go on another job interview. I sent Ms. Jenkins to hang out with her Grandma and can I just tell you it's been a great break? All this time I thought balancing the baby was the challenge...come to find out it's balancing the dog! I"ve gotten so much done! I'm supposed to pick her up tomorrow and I must confess I need another week but...I'm sure she's happy she got some exercise and she probably misses the baby.

Saturday I finished my wEmusTgRoW tees to deliver on Thursday and they made me sooooo happy! I planned on having a pic for you but I'll try to get that up tomorrow. I'm trying to finalize a design for baby boys that I like, so I'm still working on that. The initial plan was to hit the streets again tomorrow to a few more baby boutiques but I have a feeling it's gonna get bumped until wednesday but that's okay. I just better use up the last of my puppy free day tomorrow. I swear, I need an assistant! Wouldn't that be lovely if I could afford one?

Sunshine has just about mastered sitting up and it is so precious! She get's so excited while she's trying to balance and I start going "Yaaaay!" Today I wondered what I must look like when I'm in baby babble mode. I thought about how before she arrived I would think to myself from time to time, "I don't even know how to baby talk. That's just not my thing. You know...baby communication...". But look at me now people! I'm a pro! Not only do I baby talk, I baby dance I do it all. Yeeeah!

I suppose that's my update for now. I did wanna tell you guys about my Friday. It was nice. It all started in the mist of a chaotic moment:

"That's it! Ms. Jenkins you are driving me nuts! Somebody has to go. N.J. I think it's you (ms. jenkins)!" So I packed up her dog food, leash and told her she was going to Grandmas. I'm quite sure she understood because she was extremely excited as if to say, "Good. At least I can run around over there in a yard, play with my ball and not rely on you to only take me outside for potty breaks and continuously tell me to get out of the way". We'd been in all day. I could tell the baby wanted to get out so did the dog. Just as I was ready to walk out the door to seek deliverance, a friend of mine that I don't really see regularly called. As soon as I answered she says, "Hey, are you in need of a visit?" I was kind of puzzled at first and just repeated what she said. "We were trying to get over to the river and made a wrong turn and ended up over here by you. So I wondered if you were in need of a visit." ...Why ...uh...yes, I suppose I was. I told her if she still wanted to go we could walk from here so I grabbed the stroller and met her outside. --Oh and N.J. was not pleased to have one foot out the door only to have to go into her crate. You should have seen the look of defeat. Anyway, we walked over and luckily no one was occupying my favorite spot so we just hung out there: we meaning me, the sunshine, my friend and her daughter. Her call could not have come at a more perfect time. I needed the calm and the peace DESPERATELY! Before I knew it we'd been there almost two hours. ...Chatting a little bit but primarily taking in our surroundings. She'd brought offerings to make at the river so she proceeded to do it before we left. I was going to let her do her thing in private until she said, "C'mon SunshineMama you too! We must not have come to get you for nothin'!" So I accompanied her over to another little part of the river while her daughter and Sunshine happily bonded. With no real formula or method we made our offerings, asked for healing and guidance where needed, spoke our intentions and gave thanks.....

It may sound silly to those of you that aren't really into that sort of thing but you have no idea how therapeutic it was. And she was right: they must not have come to get me for nothing because it was a major reminder for me to STOP AND BREATHE. I'd been worrying about any and everything except what really mattered. You guys know me... That moment at the river totally brought me back to my center and just reminded me to focus. And be thankful. And appreciative even when you think you have no reason to be. Once we were done, we hugged a big hug. And packed up to head back toward my house. This particular friend was always kind of guarded so she's not one that I would have approached to hug first but she's been trying to do a lot of "work". Although it was such a simple action, I felt like our friendship had reached a new level because that's one friend I don't really hug. Our offering time was maybe twenty or thirty minutes...but perhaps we felt more bonded because much of our requests forced us to verbalize our shortcomings and imperfections to one another...or at least in front of one another. I guess if you're going to be honest with the creator, it can't matter whose around. I thanked her and told her she had no idea how right on time her phone call was. By the time we got home it was getting dark so I got Sunshine ready for bed and postponed N.J's trip until the next day.

Honestly, I think that women everywhere need to get together and visit the river from time to time. It was an amazing feeling. ...Peaceful and empowering!

Well, I better take my booty to bed. I can still get at least three hours. I have tons to do tomorrow and I can't afford to waste a single second. By the way, I keep meaning to give you all this link. His horoscopes are always so insightful and accurate! Trust me! Sometimes you may have to read them more than once to really see how it fits but it always does. It's crazy. Let me know what you think. www.freewillastrology.com

Thanks for reading, I know this one was a bit lengthy.

1 Comments:

Blogger lady butta.fly said...

an old friend and i recently reunited recently and she suggested we visit the river and do some work. i'm all for it....gotta make some time for it soon cuz the river will be frozen before we know it. i'm glad all is well with you!

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home