Sunday, November 12, 2006

I'm just different...I guess

I think I'm a bad mom guys. ...No, no, she didn't fall off the bed again. I just haven't gotten my childs picture taken...like, at the photo studio. Is that wrong of me? I've taken thousands of pictures of her at home of course. This woman that's my T.A. has a 26, 24 and a 21 year old child. AND a one year old. Yes, I said a one year old. Anywhoo, that's really not the point. The point is, one day we were talking baby stuff and she's like "Oooh, lemme show you a picture of my lil baaaaby". She pulls out her wallet and has a whole photo album in there of all her kids. They were kinda funny too. The kind where everybody and their momma (but not their momma) is up in the picture so that they don't fit within the scene of the fake background? Those are funny. Not like her family was funny, no...just the background. I digress...

So after looking at all of her pictures, I whip out my camera phone cause that's the only place I have pictures of her to carry with me anyway. She had that too. Like 108 pictures of her son in the phone, literally. I was like, "Wow...am I supposed to be doing that? I'm slacking". I made a comment about not having gone to the photo studio and she got on me about it. You know, like I should be ashamed of myself for not making a b-line to the wal-mart studio which she claims is the cheapest, letting me know I have NO EXCUSE. I'm sorry. Maybe I'm just a photo snob because I've worked as photographer. I'm always just like, "Eh, we can take cute and artistic ones at home!" I dunno....

And while we're at it... you know what else I don't do people? I don't send birthday cards. Hell greeting cards period! ...Okay, that's a lie. But it is a major chore for me to do so, and I really have to make it a point to remember to do it. I just always feel like there's more important and personal ways to acknowledge a persons birthday besides a paper card. My sister makes a big deal about this and she's 37? She has a frequent shoppers card for the Halmark store. Isn't that funny? I think it is. I'd so much rather actually spend time or tell you how important you are to me face to face. But then she does only express mushy or honest POSITIVE feelings IN the cards. Never face to face. We live in the same city and see eachother twice in a month if we're lucky. ...She also gets really uncomfortable about being affectionate. To this day she doesn't put her whole body into a hug. It's very stand-offish. My sister is a therapist. Isn't that even funnier????? Yeah, well. I know I don't love my child any less, or my sister. Maybe I should just honor her way of expression and/or needing to be acknowledged even if I don't agree with it. If the girl needs a card, I'll give her a card.

Thanks for listening to me ramble. This was supposed to be a more focused post. Forgive me.
I hope all is well with you guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home