Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I statements

It's actually bothering me that I've been so sporadic about my posting. Oh well, it's only partially my fault. My Dell bill was late this month and I swear there is a chip in this computer that makes it difficult to be able to do anything until you pay your bill. Strange things happen when I try to log on like, shutting down suddenly, wierd error messages...pay the bill? Smooooth sailing. Technology is a bitch right?

So the update is as follows.....
On the mommy tip, breastfeeding is coming to a close and I must say, it's bittersweet. My having to work outside the home is primarily responsible for this. She was so anti-formula for a while. Then she'd only take it from the sitter or other people which was fine, that's all I really needed her to do. But now, she's pretty comfy with it. I think she's gotten accustomed to that "oh-so-full" feeling now and we only nurse maybe twice a day. I do miss the closeness and it seems she's developing this new found independence! The upside is that, I can have my boobs back but....*Sigh. Other than that, she's getting so big, crawling, sitting up...and I swear she says "Hi" and "Doggie".

Work? I'm over it. The good news is, I found a new job that I'll start in a couple of weeks working as an assistant to an attorney friend of mine. I'm excited about this because it will bring some normalcy to my hours and the baby won't have to be up at 5:30am! I'm sure she'll be happy too.

Artistically? Not to toot my own horn but I've done some really great things lately. ...Created some photographic/mixed media pieces that I'm reeeeaally proud of. I feel really liberated which is good. I'll share the pieces with you later, but for now, suffice it to say that it's affected me in every way. I'm more ready to let go of things I've been holding on to, ready to declare a major re-org on my place and just open it up...get rid of "stuff". It's good. I keep having day dreams about shaving my head...getting a tattoo even! The head shaving day dream always feels so...freeing! That's probably a sign I need to do it but I'm not ready to chop the locs yet although so many days I have mixed feelings about them. Like them, don't like them...like them...don't. Sometimes they just feel burdensome and heavy.

Clothing Design wise? Still feeling good but I'm in one of those phases again...you know...where I just stand there. ...In my own way. I think I spoke about it last time but I'm having a hard time working through this one. I think primarily because creatively my head is so many places. I'm in one of those...overwhelmed with creativity phases which is nice, however the draw back is that it's hard to focus in one area when I need to. I know I'm on the brink of something great. Standing at the turning point. But GotDamnit!!!!

Emotionally? I feel contemplative. Wondering where my life is going. What it's gonna look like in a year. Wondering if I'm living in the moment enough and if not, why and how do I get back there. Those type of things. There is more, I'll continue this post later. The little one is waking.

Hope you're all well!

1 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

awesome about your mixed media pieces! hope we get to see them soon...

the hair: i have the same fantasy about shaving it all off. but i get depressed every time i go for a trim! i'm too attached to it - that's the problem.

good luck with the weaning. you'll find plenty of ther ways to be close with li'l sunshine. can't believe she's crawling! big girl!

you sound really good. :)

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home