Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve??

Eh, it just feels like another day. But happy Christmas Eve! to those of you that celebrate it. It's just been a lazy Sunday. It has the AUDACITY to be snowing again. Can you imagine?????? I swear. ...It is pretty though. ANd we haven't had a white Christmas in a long time.

So it's Reggae Sunday up in herrr I guess. We watched 'The Harder They Come', then we watched this Bob Marley Documentary that I've watched a hundred times but don't care and don't know the name of...but it's great. Then, we watched 'Rockers'. I loved it! That was the first time I'd seen it and it was precious. And honestly, without the subtitles I wouldn't have understood what they were saying completely but the funny thing? I don't think I needed the subtitles. I still understood what was happenin. And I'm saying "we" like Sunshine was really watching them. Anywhoo...

Pops and stepmoms are supposed to be here from Kansas tomorrow. They are driving which is pretty brave considering the weather here. My sister called saying she could have everyone over at she and the gay cops house for dinner thinking she was making things easier or ...something. Then she goes, "...And I was thinking I could get one of those stouffer family size lasagnas or something". I couldn't believe her! I told her that if we come over to her house for dinner, we are going to eat and how dare her offer up some stouffers frozen lasagna if she's gonna have guests!! She tried to tell me the stores are cleaned out and there's no meat.
(Long pause)
"So....like is that the only there is to cook?" I don't wanna go on with the conversation. Suffice it to say the conversation ended with her saying she was going to consult her Cooking Light magazines and call me back. "Yes. Good idea", I told her. I swear.

I'm eating at my moms, my Dad told my sister not to worry about it. Whew. Since we decided to hold off on the holiday until my other sister arrives, tomorrow should be pretty uneventful. To be honest, I can't wait to get back to work on Tuesday. I've had enough of being home. ...I know. I'm sure I haven't done all I can do here but....still.

And about those New Years Plans? I think I'll be makin it a nite to remember...at home. Yeah, I don't think I'll be goin anywhere. I think me and Sunshine will be bringin' it in together and that's okay. I suppose there will be other times to party like it's 1999.

Happy Christmas.

2 Comments:

Blogger fidel.negro said...

@ "...Also must confess to feeling a bit lonely (in terms of the opp. sex)."--I came across this passage this morning, and when I read this line in your blog I immediately thought about again. Figured I would share. 'Let these be your desires: to melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night. To know the pain of too much tenderness. To be wounded by your own understanding of love; and to bleed willingly and joyfully...And then to sleep with a prayer for the beloved in your heart and a song of praise on your lips.'

9:07 AM  
Blogger SunshineMama said...

Thanks Fidel....you know how I love 'The Prophet'. ...There is a remedy in it for everything and as usual, you're right on time.

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home