Saturday, December 23, 2006

Oh NO, too much SNOW!

So what do you do when your snowed in?
You rejoice over the fact that everything is closed and you get to remain warm and cozy inside. And that you get an extra unexpected day of rest! You go down the list in your head of all of the things you could accomplish with this extra time and then you get overwhelmed by the possibilities only to find yourself vegging out in front of the T.V. and making frequent trips to the refrigerator. ...Remark how pretty it is.

What do you do when your snowed in for a second day?
You decide that the day before was a total waste and that you should at least clean or something. Just be more productive! So you are and it's good.

What do you do when you are snowed in for a third day?
You start cleaning out drawers and things. Throwing out items that don't fit or get no wear. However, you still avoid the major places that need organizing like your work table or computer area. You cook, you eat, you talk on the phone, you have a drink and you realize that your suffering from a wretched case of CABIN FEVER and that tomorrow you will escape by any means necessary!!!

Coloradans are nuts. I heard that last nite people were out on the streets. I'm not that crazy, although I can understand getting sick of being indoors! And Coloradans are all about the outdoors! Everyone I know is going bonkers but apparently the streets were halfway driveable today so tomorrow, that's it -- I'm outta here! Me the baby and the dog. I know Mz.Jenkins is pissed. She keeps looking outside at some of the other dogs romping through the snow and gets quite jealous. At which time she grunts and looks at me as if to say, "Can't we go out there and do that?" Sorry sister. We did once or twice but she gets so crazy it's hard to get her back in sometimes and if the baby's with me....I just don't wanna be bothered with the hassle.

Sooo guys, what's up? Well, other than this blizzard the job is still going well. I'm officially done with the school. THe blizzard saved me from my last two days which was fine with me. THe new girl they hired(EARLY by the way) seems very cool but I'm betting she won't last long. She seems a lot like me, in fact we hit it off pretty well but she was quickly picking up on the disfunction with the administration, etc. She was already dreading coming to work to deal with them by her fourth day. That kinda sucks.

Lets go through my random thoughts...
I thinking about what I'm gonna wear for new years. I'm makin this one count ya'll. Last year for new years I was pregnant and drowning in a sea of depression. Not because of the baby, I think it was hormones and stress and the like. BUt not this year. I'm gonna party like it's ...1999! The building I work in is having this huge party so we're going to sponsor and go, it's gonna be fun. Hopefully everything works out around that. I actually wanted to spend new years with the baby initially but then when my boss mentioned this party I thought...hm, why not? WHen I thought about last year I was definately like, "Yeah, let me start this year differently". I'm reluctant to ask my mom if she'll watch the baby but I don't think she'll mind. Plus I figure it's all about establishing new traditions anyway and maybe that can be her and Sunshines, spending new years together. We'll see.

I wanna go see Dreamgirls on Christmas day and I never go see movies when they open. ...Hell, I never go to the theater period. I always catch it on video. I'm really excited for Jennifer Hudson, you know the AMerican Idol girl? I'm glad they are giving her such great reviews and I can only imagine what this all must feel like for her. She was on the TOday's show and sang 'I am changing'. She blew it up! And you could just feel how true it really was for her right now. Even she had a tear or two afterward. It was beautiful. And don't get me wrong you guys, Beyonce is okay too but damn. I'm a little tired of her. I'm rooting for the underdog and I can't help but think that Beyonce needs to go and read a book or two. I'm convinced that she's just a "childstar-singing robot" and that when she's like fifty, we'll read her autobiography where she discloses how she didn't have a normal childhood and how she feels like she missed out because of all those damn rehearsals in that basement. Maybe not. Maybe she's okay.
What's up with Carson Daley? Does that dude have an eating disorder?

Sunshines trying to walk. It's crazy. I don't know what to do. I took pictures of her efforts thinking I'd post them....as you can see I didn't. I took my camera outside when we went to document the snow for you all...didn't take any pics. BUT, I do have a good reason see: I had Sunshine in one hand and was holding on to her tight because of the ice and snow and was trying to keep up with Mzzz Jenkins and it was going to be really hard to snap a photo...with my left hand no less. She's growing so fast it's amazing. Before I know it she really will be talking and that will be deep. I 'm convinced she talks now...it's just in another language.

Today my friend and I were on line (via telephone of course) and were looking for African Orphanages because I told her I had all these baby clothes and wanted to send them there. Do you know we discovered that there are orphanages for African Child witches? You know I'm sending my clothes right there! It was kind of sad though because these kids get abandoned by their families after their families think they are witches. You should do the search, it's really interesting, but sad.

I re-arranged my place. I like it. It's more open and I chucked my bed. I put one of my sofas in Sunshines room...or what is now Sunshines room. I decided I can take the futon in the living room. I just wanted to simplify and make room. BUt as much as I love this apartment, I can't wait to move to something bigger. Not only that but it's gotta be first floor something or other with a little backyard so that I can let the dog out without going down any stairs, putting on a coat and blah blah blah...it's such a process.

I'm concerned about my sister who's married to the gay cop. I think the marriage is really stressing her out. You know, he got suspended for "something"....no one knows what (including her) for three months without pay and they had just bought this house. Last Sunday morning she called to cancel our brunch date citing financial strain as the reason. I said it was fine, that I could pay but that was cool because Sunshine was still sick anyway. When we got off the phone something just didn't sit right with me. SHe sounded really beaten down. Throughout the day in my head I just kept hearing "Something's not right and it's got to do with him". THe next day I kept meaning to call her at work and just got busy. By that evening my mom told me she was in the emergency room. The reason? ....Some stomach virus. ...Hm. My sister is the queen of internalizing. I'm still convinced it's him. But damn I wish I knew exactly what was up. Oh to be a fly on the wall. ....I need more data but she damn sure won't be the one to give it.


We're delaying our holiday festivities until January when my other sister comes. I think that's better because eventhough I don't get all engrossed in Christmas, especially the purchasing of gifts, it snuck up on me and I need some more time to get creative. And I absolutely despise holiday crowds.

Now that it's 4a.m. I guess I should think about some sleep. I better get what I can at this point. I'm sure the Sunshine will arise in a few hours. SHe's been wakin up early since she started regular day care. And I'll get some pics up, that's a promise. I know I'm such a blog slacker! But I said so much today I don't need to blog for another three weeks, eh?


Toodles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home